You might be using Pinterest or other social media platforms to bring in leads, but are you closing the deal when the leads get to your website? Unfortunately, for many business owners getting leads to stick around or buy services fail when the relationship between the business and the lead does not blossom. This is where email marketing comes into play. Email marketing is a tried and true way to build, nurture, and convert leads. Are you interested in learning how email marketing can be beneficial to your business? Then read on as I outline five ways email marketing can help your business.
- Email marketing helps build relationships. Businesses that offer a more “human touch or feel” are more appealing to consumers. Why? Because giving off that human aspect creates a “human” relationship. Consumers are more likely to feel that the brand gets them or relates to them. And the more someone can relate to something, the stronger the relationship becomes.
- Email marketing can create engagement around your brand. Sometimes when people get on your email list, it is simply to get your freebie, and that’s it. They might utilize your freebie and not remember you or your brand. So how do you keep your name and brand out there? By sending follow-up emails. Maybe check-in and see how they liked the freebie. Ask them for ideas on future freebies. Ask for improvements or suggestions. All of these things keep your name and your business fresh in the subscriber’s mind and can lead to them reaching out to you.
- Email marketing can help bring awareness to your services. Let’s be honest; everyone that visits your website is not going to visit your service page. Some of your website visitors probably have no clue what you do because they only came for your freebie. No worries, once they are on your email list, you can educate them that way. Start by creating and sending them email content like newsletters, an update on what you are currently working on, a new service that you are offering, or reminding them of the services you offer now. The possibilities are endless, but make sure that you are consistent and clear about what services you offer.
- Email marketing can help bring in potential clients. Generating leads is a huge part of any business. On any given occasion, you have many competitors looking to bring in the same type of leads you are. But how do you stand out? Email marketing. Have a strong sales funnel from beginning to end where you offer value, nurture the relationship, and close the deal.
- Email marketing can help nurture communication between you and potential clients. I briefly mentioned that email marketing requires brands to nurture relationships to convert leads. The nurturing of relationships in business is very important. I know I do not like pushy salespeople or people who constantly shove their content down my throat. It is a major turn-off, and I usually do not do business with them at all. I prefer those who educate me on their services and take the time to find out what I need and want. I try to use this same tactic in my business. Nurture your relationships with potential leads. Let them see that you are a real person behind the brand. Listen to them and their business needs and be honest about your services meeting their business needs. Not everyone is your client. Sometimes there is not a connection, and that is truly okay.
I am sure that there are plenty of other benefits to using email marketing in your business. In terms of how I view email marketing, these are five of the top benefits. Do you have any other benefits to email marketing? Let me know in the comments. Remember, for all of your Pinterest and email marketing tips, join my email list to keep them rolling in. Looking to get a fresh set of eyes on your Pinterest account. Sign up for your free Pinterest audit below.